Tuesday, April 26, 2016

19- Chew Gum

I didn't think having the kids chew gum this morning would drive me nuts, but surprisingly it did!  I had to mentally stop myself from telling them to spit it out practically a bazillion times.  I would start to say something and then remember, "oh yeah, it's chew gum day." Thankfully it was only for the morning.  Mr. E came in to pass back math papers and immediately noticed all the chomping mouths.  He was none too pleased (I think chewing gum is a pet peeve of his), and I don't think he realized it was a special activity in my classroom.  Oops!  I told the kids to not be obnoxious about chewing their gum when they went into the hallways so they wouldn't get in trouble or have to spit it out.  We also made a rule that you can't have more than one piece of gum in your mouth at a time... one boy came to school with SIX in his mouth.  And he wasn't a quiet chewer either... Needless to say, I was happy when the morning was over and everyone threw their gum away.

Tomorrow's activity is to watch a Wishbone episode.  I don't think they can turn that into a crazy activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment