Wednesday, March 29, 2017

All Shook Up

Today has been a topsy-turvy day. Camp Omega did our chapel service this morning, but they pushed the time back until 9:30, so we started our day with a round of Daily 5 (read to self) and then read-aloud.  Right before read-aloud, I got a call from Camp Omega saying our speaker would be a little late. So we spread the word and did read-aloud a little longer than planned.

After chapel, we did science.  I know, it felt very strange... A lab was on the agenda for the day and I thought it would take longer than a half an hour to do it, thus doing it in the morning instead of the afternoon.  Spelling is due tomorrow, so in place of science in the afternoon we did another Daily 5 round.  In the morning after the science lab, my kiddos all thought it was the end of the day instead of lunchtime.  Then when we met in the back to pick our round, they all thought it was almost time for lunch!

It took them a bit to get focused this afternoon.  One boy (hard to focus any day/time) wanted to do Work on Writing, but no one else was doing it.  He dinked around for a while, then asked a classmate if he could log on to his friend's account on the computer (he is locked out because he forgot his password and the IT guys haven't reset it yet... even though I've called them five times over the past two weeks).  That friend didn't want to share, so my fidgety student played the Mad Libs game by himself.  Well, kind of.  He set cards aside for "Johnny", an invisible person who's not alive?  I offered to play with him but he declined.

PE was supposed to be softball outside today. We made it out for noon recess, but it started raining five minutes before PE, so they're in the gym playing softball.  Most brought their gloves, a few forgot, so it was 50/50 of bummed or excited about the rain and going in for recess.  I realized I left my glove in Fulda. I'll have to get it next time I'm home; I like to have a spare glove just in case someone forgets theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment