Thursday, March 2, 2017

Food Fear Factor

Food Fear Factor was a success! I had some kids at the start say, "No way am I trying any. They all sound gross. I'm gonna puke if I eat any."  But later one of those (the loudest complainer) came up to me and said, "Guess what?! I tried everything! A lot of them were good!"  Woohoo! Another win for education.

This morning the boys got architectural with Joe's bedding; they built a tunnel. I wasn't sure it would work since the bedding is so loose (coconut husk mixed with sand), but they succeeded! Then they added Joe to the tank. He wouldn't go through it. I suggested they put his food on one side and him on the other so he'd have to cross through.  It worked! I took a video of it and it's pretty neat!

Well, I'm off to the Barnes and Noble book talk... we had a faculty meeting just now and my to-do list has grown exponentially. I am feeling slightly panicky about getting everything done... but the book talk is where I need to go next, so I'll focus on one thing at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment