Monday, March 13, 2017

New Watch

My green watch conked out last week. I thought it just needed a new battery, but after replacing it, the watch still wouldn't keep time.  Me being the planner that I am had a backup watch at the ready (at home), so the next day I started using it.  It has taken some getting used to! The watch ticks much louder than my old one, and the face is larger too. I like it, but the other one was a better quality (especially in the straps and clasps).  ...I already bought my next 'backup' watch and it's on my dresser at home... gotta be prepared!

We had a two hour late start this morning to get all the snow cleared up.  They called it last night, so I was able to sleep in a little (and adjust to Daylight Savings Time a little more!).  This time, I did not have all sorts of grand plans for the two 'extra' hours; I just read a book.  My farmer was out snowplowing early this morning and I'm sure he's happily snowmobiling this afternoon!  I myself am curled up with a blanket at my desk, doing my usual teacher-ish things and enjoying the bright, sunny afternoon (wishing it were warmer outside...).

I had thought this week wasn't going to be as busy as last week, but looking at my calendar, I have something going on every night this week except tonight!  Well, I'll be running errands after I leave here, so I guess I do have something going on tonight too.  Tomorrow night we have a PTL meeting with a Teacher Appreciation Supper beforehand, hosted by the Immanuelites.  Wednesday is Lenten services.  Thursday there's a financial seminar in New Ulm hosted by Thrivent called "Women, Wine, and Wealth".  My friend K and I had planned to go to one earlier this year, but it got postponed due to bad weather.  It's all about women taking charge of their finances and being prepared for retirement, understanding their money, etc.  It should be good!  And then Friday is the end of the week!  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment