Friday, March 24, 2017

Missing

Whew! It's the end of the quarter and everything has been turned in!  One 7th grader came down to the wire, but he finished everything on his massive list of late assignments (for me at least) before 4:00 (my goal to leave school today). He had two science worksheets, two weeks of spelling workbook (five pages each week), a geography project, and this week's spelling book.  Honestly, I had no clue how he was going to get it all done in time. But he surprised me!  After school he said his geography project to me, and then, the little helper that he is, he offered to "fluff" Joe's tank and feed him for me.  Aww!

Unfortunately, there are still outstanding assignments from two of the 7th graders. They were out sick today and didn't have their spelling books at school for us to correct.  So I can get everyone's grades done except those two.  It definitely made the classroom quieter!  Another 7th grader and his 6th grade brother left on vacation (they got their work turned in before they left), so my classroom was even more empty-feeling!

It did make it easier for my kiddos to focus.  We got a ton of reading done this morning.  Our read-aloud book is getting to the exciting part, so they convinced me to read extra today.  I had brought the next two books in the Amulet series for the students reading them (I'd had them stashed at home so I could read them first!). Grr, the 7th one has a major cliff-hanger and the 8th book isn't due out for another year!!! We've been spoiled, getting to read the first seven without having to wait.  I can't wait for my two students reading the series to read these last two.  In my opinion, they're the best in the series so far!  And I'm positive they will both freak out after reading the endings.

No school on Monday so we teachers can get our report cards finished.  My plans for the weekend are to go to Fulda, swinging by Truman of course.  We actually have a date scheduled: bowling!  Then correcting papers and lesson planning the rest of the weekend, although that shouldn't be too much since I already have a lot corrected and next week is a short week.

No comments:

Post a Comment