Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Tunnel

Joe actually sat inside his tunnel for the first time today! At least, the first time I've witnessed.  It was after lunch and I glanced over to the tank and didn't see him... he was sitting under the plastic dome, just chilling.  He didn't stay there long though, the next time I looked he was under the heat lamp.  Now he's buried himself.  There isn't any bad weather in the forecast, but there is supposed to be a big temperature increase tomorrow... going from -1 degrees today to about 37 degrees tomorrow!

I ordered new bell folders today.  A lot of our old ones are falling apart and are taped together.  While I was at it, I ordered some new gloves too.  We have a bunch, but the kids keep ripping them; I have a pile at home waiting for me to stitch back together.  Since I was ordering, I got a few in a larger size than we currently have.  Maybe they won't rip them so much if they're bigger!

We have permission to order new foam pads too.  The foam we're currently using at school is a mixture of fuzzy foam that sheds and no one wants and some foam that's been dubbed "the good foam" which everyone argues over.  Once the new foam comes, it will all look the same and it will all be "good"! Our old good foam will to go Miss S's room for bell practice since the foam she has is even worse than the 6-8th grade foam.  And we'll toss that yucky stuff in the garbage!

The company I want to order the foam from doesn't have a place on their website to make a purchase order/send a bill; we'd need to pay by credit card or PayPal account, which school doesn't have. I called and left a message on the machine, but haven't heard back yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment