Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Planning

I'm going to keep this short since the PTL meeting just got over...

Today was a day jam-packed with learning. Yesterday I went over the units the 5/6th and 7/8th graders have left in science and social studies to see if we'll finish everything before the end of the school year.  Most are pretty close!  I'm a little short in 5/6th physics, on track with MN history, a tiny bit short in geography, and waaay behind in life science for the 7/8th graders.  I'm so bummed!  We have two of the most interesting topics left: animals and the human body systems (well, my favorites to teach anyway). There are so many cool activities I could do in those units, but I have to squeeze and cut out some stuff to get everything in.  Let's pray there are no more snow days or early outs!  I think I found a way to do it if I do a double day of science and social (instead of doing bells or a study hall day), and if we do a take home test instead of an in-class test and skip the study session.  They won't be too happy about the missed study session, but they should be on-board about the take home test.

I mapped out the rest of the year in preparation for my student teacher who's coming for the month of April for a clinical in science/social studies.  She's coming after school next week to meet me, tour the classroom, get familiar with our school/schedule, look over curriculum.  I'm excited!  I still need to make a final copy of the topics we'll be doing each day in April, but I'm going to wait until next week so I don't have to do so much erasing when my plans change...

No comments:

Post a Comment