Friday, April 20, 2018

Jazz

Ooo, the BLC Jazz concert was amazing! Since my classroom has windows facing the parking lot, my kiddos were super distracted starting when the band pulled up. Once they set up in the gym, they ran through a few of their songs, which my class could hear through the door to the gym... Yeah, it was tough to focus.

The songs they played were energetic and got our toes tapping. There were quite a few who sang vocals along with the band. The first young lady who sang blew everyone away. The little first grade boy who sat in front of me turned around and said, "Whoa! She sounds like really good, kinda like a professional. She sounds like you do Miss H!" (He sits next to me in chapel so he hears me singing).

The last song was called "Minnie the Moocher" and whew! The guy who sang really belted it out! He did some scat singing with us echoing him. Great way to end the concert!

Our school cook said she wants a concert like this every Friday.

My 5-6th graders 'toured' the instruments afterwards and listened to how each one sounds individually (since we're learning about sound and all).

The rest of the day was kind of crazy. We turned in answers for Mystery Class, did pinatas, played outside on the giant snow pile and got soaking wet (my students at least). One girl spent recess cutting stairs up the pile. She was like a crabby janitor, "Don't wreck my stairs! ...Now I gotta do them all over again!" It was good-natured though. I wonder if the pile will still be there on Monday... we're finally getting nice weather!

My birthday is tomorrow, so I'm Fulda-bound again this weekend, probably with a stop off in Truman. Mr. and Mrs. E gave me African Violets, a balloon, and chocolates this morning, so they are currently brightening up my desk. Now, to bring the violets home or leave them at school?

No comments:

Post a Comment