Friday, April 27, 2018

Last Day

It was Miss T's last day today. My kiddos quickly made a card for her this morning during read-aloud. It wasn't anything fancy (most of them had a to-do list a mile long they wanted to get to). Earlier this week I bought her some chocolate, a balloon, and a small vase of flowers. The flowers hung out in my fridge all week so they wouldn't go bad. This morning only a few of them looked past their prime. Thankfully, my birthday flowers from my farmer are still going strong, so I cut two green spiky ones off and swapped them out. Perfect.

Our first balloon was popped at the end of the day too. Monday, day #15, we'll get to eat lunch outside. I hope the weather is nice! I did check the forecast before putting up the balloons on Monday and at the time it seemed decent (only a 30% chance of rain). Haven't checked it since then, so we'll see what happens!

One of the speakers in a webinar I watched recently stressed how crucial it is for teachers to have LinkedIn accounts. I'm familiar with LinkedIn, but never created an account since I thought teachers didn't really need one. I guess I was wrong! His thinking is that teachers should be connected to people in other businesses so they can make connections to help their students like bring in guest speakers, set up field trips or job shadowing opportunities, etc. What he said made sense, so I made an account.

Today, I got a message from a reality tv show casting service out of LA who is looking for farmers who are passionate about their livelihood and want to share their story. Interesting. I have a feeling that all the farmers in my life would say NO, but I messaged her back anyway because I'm curious. We'll see what she has to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment