Monday, April 23, 2018

No Shoes

Boy, was there a lot of attitude at school today!

It was so nice outside that my class wanted to go outside for recess. The 7th and 8th graders always pitch a fit when we do that. If it were a Tuesday or Thursday, I could appease everyone by going in the gym for noon and outside for afternoon recess. But there was PE today, so no afternoon recess. And no helper had signed up to watch recess, so I couldn't even divide and conquer.

We ended up going outside at noon (I had them ask Mr. E what he thought). But the 8th grade boys wouldn't listen to me! They kept shooting baskets in the gym! So I tattled and Mr. E kicked them outside. One of the boys said he couldn't go outside for recess because he was wearing $100 tennis shoes. They had a specific name, but I don't remember. That's probably an accurate price. So when Mr. E sent him outside, the 8th grader left his shoes and socks inside and rolled his sweatpants up high so they wouldn't get wet. He was obnoxious all recess, making bets with his classmates about how long he could stay on the snow pile with his bare feet...

Normally it's the 5th and 6th graders I have to watch most closely at recess. This time it was the 7-8th graders! They were throwing snow at each other, shoving each other in the snow, trying to tackle each other... it was exhausting. Meanwhile, the 5-6th graders played a (mostly) friendly game of 4-square. In the end, the upper grades did have fun; one boy asked if we'd be going outside again tomorrow. Weather permitting, yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment