Monday, April 16, 2018

Meh

Today was a 'meh' day, for all involved.

I got snowed in in Fulda this weekend. It was nice to be with my family so long. I helped brother #1 and Dad with sheep stuff and bottle fed lambs (in the midst of a blizzard). Sunday was still pretty iffy out, so I stayed another night and drove up to school this morning. Thankfully, it was two hours late, but even if it hadn't been, my principal said it was okay for me to be late. "Whatever your dad thinks is best!" is what he said.

Being off my routine threw me off, I think. I got to school shortly after 10:00 (after swinging by my apartment to change). School started at 10:30. We had musical practice, then two Daily 5 rounds. In the afternoon, my student teacher was supposed to teach. She texted me before she got to school saying she was feeling overwhelmed with the amount of lessons she'd agreed to teach and was wondering if she could cut back on how many she was doing. It's fine of course; I don't want to burn her out. And she did pick a lot of lessons to cover. I wish she would've told me sooner so I could've gotten things ready over the weekend.

The kids were off today. They're always chattier on Mondays, and on late starts, so it was no wonder it was tough to keep their attention this afternoon. They were feeling 'meh', Miss T's lessons were kind of 'meh', she said herself she was feeling kind of 'meh' today, and for that matter I was too. The worst news is that there's more snow/sleet/rain coming Wednesday, this time in the morning. So we'll just get to school and then it'll get bad. Blech. I hope it either doesn't come (ideal) or it comes sooner than expected and no one has to go to school at all (second best option).

After school today, the 7th and 8th graders served at Pizza Ranch Mankato for tips. 10% of peoples' bills gets donated to their class fund. My friend K and I went out to eat. Mr. E paid for our meal and we left the kids the tip (100% of tips go to them). This fundraiser wasn't well advertised, unfortunately. It was only in the bulletin one week, this past Sunday. With the storm, there had only been about 25 people in church, so not many people knew about it. There was supposed to be a Pork Chop Dinner hosted by the men's and women's clubs at church. They still had it, even with the crummy weather, but Mr. E said maybe 50 people came as opposed to the 250 people they'd been expecting. Bummer...

No comments:

Post a Comment