Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Sweet

My students are so sweet... one of them made me a card for me for my birthday. This morning I heard them whispering as I left the classroom to make my rounds at the 7-8th grade room. Something about a card and they had to sign it. I had seen her typing something last week with my name on it (she covertly tried to minimize it whenever I got close to her, but I still caught a look).

Here's what it looks like:
 

Then, during lunch, one of the recess helpers left me a little something on my desk... it was a bag of loose leaf tea, lavender/peach... mmm! How sweet! Can't wait to use it!

The day ended on a not-so-sweet note though. One of the 5th graders landed on her ankle wrong in a game of wagon wheel (like tag) and could hardly move her foot. Two classmates carried her inside, got her an ice pack, and comforted her while I checked her out and called her mom. She could still wiggle her toes, and over the course of 15 minutes the pain lessened, so I don't think it's broken. Maybe a sprained ankle? Not that I'm an expert! Her brother has broken his ankle three times, so her mom knows what to check for!

No comments:

Post a Comment