Monday, October 1, 2018

God is Good

VIP day, check. One big stressor off my plate. The author showed up, the books we ordered came in time for families to get them and her to sign them (I didn't think they would), people enjoyed her presentation (some said it went a little long).

The pastor's daughter we've been praying for lately is out of the hospital and was in church yesterday.

There's enough room in cars for going to Camp Omega on Thursday/Friday.

God protected my farmer's uncle from injury yesterday too. While his uncle waited for a load of corn to unload, his coat got hooked on an auger and he got trapped! His uncle used his free hand to call my farmer, who could only hear yelling, nothing understandable. He rushed over from across the farm, shut the machine off, and cut off his uncle's coat so he could get free. Thankfully, the sleeve of the coat had stopped the auger from turning, so his uncle escaped with no broken bones, just some internal bleeding and bruising on his upper arm. Again, God is good.

My apartment is still a major stressor. My bedroom is still musty smelling, so I slept on my couch last night and kept the apartment fan going. The maintenance guys are going to try washing the carpet again tomorrow. I guess that means more cleaning is on my agenda tonight. I need to enter grades and get midterms out to students. Pray that God gives me the energy to get everything done!

No comments:

Post a Comment