Monday, October 8, 2018

Bank Run

Two parents waited until the last minute to send their money for Camp Omega registration. I had their checks all set to be deposited in the bank's night deposit drop Friday morning, but when I tried to open the slot, it wouldn't go! I asked Mr. E if he'd deposit it for me later and put it out of my mind.

This morning I found the envelope in my box, checks still inside! He hadn't dropped it off! Worried about an overdraft fee (since we paid for camp on Friday), I called the bank during lunch (thankfully a grandma stopped by and offered to watch the kids at recess so I didn't have to worry about supervising them). They said the Camp Omega check hadn't come through the bank yet and if I dropped off the checks today, the account would be fine. Whew! I went there while my kids were at PE and had no other troubles. Cutting it a little close though!

It's already time to start planning the Christmas program... It's always a challenge to find a program to use, one that's fun but biblical and hasn't been used recently. Pastor has one about angels we haven't done yet that we've kept as a backup for the past few years. I thought we'd have to use it this year, but it needs polishing up since it's a little formal and dry. Mrs. E had the idea we should find one on prayer since our school theme is "Prayer Power". After school I did a quick Google search and found one based on the Lord's Prayer. Awesome! It has all the songs and everything, including a CD of music available for download. Definitely a God thing. It almost seems too easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment