Thursday, October 11, 2018

Testing, Testing

The 7-8th graders took their first science test yesterday. I corrected them this morning. There were mixed results... Most of the 7th graders didn't do so hot. It's not a big surprise since they haven't been paying much attention in class. There are a lot of redos! Grr...

It feels like they're giving up and hating school, which I definitely don't want. But I don't want to make the tests any easier either. And I don't want them to fail. I guess I mostly want them to pay attention and to learn what I'm teaching them. I probably need to try some new tactics with them. More things to think about.

After school my kiddos staying for the soccer game loaded my car with silent auction items to bring over to church. It didn't take too long since we stacked items in a few tubs I found in the closet.

Mold update: no one has been in my apartment. I got an email from management today asking if everything got picked up by maintenance... so they didn't have any plans to do more cleaning or fixing. We emailed back and forth a little, and tomorrow morning she (the apartment manager) is going to stop by to smell my apartment. Hopefully she has some bright ideas of what to do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment