Friday, October 12, 2018

Silent Auction

A full day, but a good one. We did art in two chunks today. The project involved gluing string in a loopy line on cardboard, then covering it with tinfoil, pressing it down so the string parts bump up, then coloring the lower parts. It looks cool when it's finished! So we glued before lunch. Art time= tin foil time! (and coloring) We turned on some tunes and jammed out while pressing the foil and coloring. One girl even salsa danced! She got pretty crazy, chasing the boys trying to get them to dance with her (and did some of the strange salsa arm movements around them... she went a little too far I think). I did a mini-salsa lesson with a few of them so now they actually know how to salsa instead of just copying the movies.

After school we moved tables around for the Silent Auction. A parent volunteered to write in all the minimum bids, etc. so it was much less work than I thought it would be. I need to drop a student off at home now that she's gotten her math corrections all finished. Hopefully they're finished correctly!

Tonight I'm going to a book gala with a college friend. She convinced me to volunteer with her at the book sale the next day. I'm going to wear my new shirt that says "bookmarks are for quitters". Then I have a youth group painting event in the afternoon Saturday. Sunday is the Pork Chop Dinner and Silent Auction for school. I work the Silent Auction part. After that I'll hopefully be able to see my farmer for a while!

Mold update: last night when I got home, my bedroom didn't smell moldy. It smelled kind of strange, but that could be because I have machines going and the door closed. I cleaned a few more things and slept in the living room again. The apartment manager didn't smell anything (and she even got down to sniff the carpets she said). She thought I could go back to using the rooms again. Her only suggestion was to open the ceiling air vents since they're mostly closed and don't let much air move around. So, now I can put my house back together again. I still have to clean my guest closet; a job for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment