Monday, October 29, 2018

Coming soon! Class Zoo

Mrs. L put her construction zone bulletin board up! My 5th graders were confused when they had bells in her room. I still need to put mine up...

Another zoo idea popped into my head this weekend... disaster cards. If students are being naughty, they can get a red token, which means they have to draw a disaster card from a pile. Some of them could be small disasters, like pick up litter, turn in 2 tokens. Or it could be bigger ones like, celebrity visitor, hire more security, turn in 10 tokens. We made a shared document on Google and started listing animals to buy, the rules for purchases, and possible disaster cards. It's going to be fun! My mom gave me some drawstring bags for them to put their tokens in to start with. I'm sure some kids will upgrade their container, but that's fine with me!

Slowly but surely, kids' names are getting erased from the board for late/missing assignments. The end of the quarter is this week, so it's pretty crucial that they get things done before then. I had three students stay after school today. They were pretty productive, but they didn't get everything done. I really need to be on top of correcting this week (and entering grades in the gradebook) so I'm not working on grades and then realize I'm missing something from someone still.

Nano starts in two days! (Still need to brainstorm my story... maybe tonight).

No comments:

Post a Comment