Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Picture Day

Ugh. Picture day. It's so hard to decide what to wear. I thought about wearing my favorite scarf, but I wore it in last year's pictures, so I went with a different outfit. I thought pictures would be a quick thing... how long does it take to pose and snap a few shots?

Nope.

It took FOREVER.

The lady had them stand with their feet on the footprints. Then they had to turn their body. Then they had to turn their heads. Okay, now drop your shoulders. Now lower your hands. Just a little lower. Okay, now turn your head again. Lift your chin. Oh wait, now your shoulders are up, drop them again... Okay say 'puppies'! Wait, your eyes were closed. Try again. Except now you turned too much.... And the process starts all over again.

It took over half an hour to do my class of 12 students, closer to 40 minutes. One kid wouldn't smile. Or he would, but then drop it right as she took the picture so it looks like he's biting his lips. That kid took over five minutes just for him.

Thankfully, it's over for another year. And tomorrow's the last day of school this week since it's MEA break. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment