Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Christmas Program

Our Christmas program meeting was a success! It turns out there is NOT a CD for the music, but most of the songs are tunes from the hymnal if not just hymns, and the program did come with sheet music, so we're okay there. We chose to switch up a few of the songs for some modern-ish, upbeat, versions just to mix it up a little. Mrs. E will contact the bible school teachers to find out how many kids they have this year. After that we can assign group parts. I typed up our edits so we are all ready to go for next week's xmas planning meeting.

It's Fire Prevention Week, and today was the day the Courtland Fire Department visited our school. The rain stopped and the sky brightened a little while we toured the trucks they brought out. It was our year for the smoke house (a tiny model house on a trailer that imitates the smoke from a fire so we can practice how to escape from windows); everyone was excited to go through that! Smokey the Bear also paid us a visit. Cool! The younger grades were terrified of him. One 1st grader hid in the kindergarten room until the bear went outside school. My class all wanted to pose with him. So I took advantage and snapped pictures!

This year's visit went super smoothly. Normally kids run amok, honking the horns too much, chaos everywhere. This year we teachers made a schedule of who goes outside when and which classrooms have the inside conversations at which times. Way less of a mess. We made a note to do it this way every year!

Mold update: a friend came over last night and helped clean my guest room. Now I have my spare closet and both bathrooms left. Since it's rainy, the moldy smell is back in my bedroom, so I hauled my mattress to the living room and slept there last night. No maintenance guys have been there yet (unless they came today). I might end up having to swap rooms. I moved a few of the lighter pieces of furniture out of my bedroom already and will probably move the rest tonight, unless maintenance has made any progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment