Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Chemical Reactions

The 5-6th graders had their first big lab today. And by big, I mean we pulled out the goggles and aprons and had a safety talk. We just mixed different household liquids to see if a chemical reaction happened; none of the supplies were toxic, but it's still good to practice safety from day one. They handled the lab really well. We need more ice cream pails, dish towels, and lab aprons. Clean-up was pretty good too. We had to rush to tidy up since it was the end of the day. I'd been hoping we'd finish in time to have recess, but it took a full hour to do the lab. Oh well. They had a good time.

After school some of the girls were interviewed on the radio to promote our Pork Chop Dinner fundraiser on Sunday. I listened online; they did just fine. They had to rush back to school for a 4pm volleyball game.

A helpful parent came to the game early to put together a list of Silent Auction items that have been accumulating in my closet. There are still a bunch to come in. Hopefully they'll trickle in throughout the week so it's not a lot of paperwork to do on Friday.

Mold update: I have a few rooms left to clean. The ones left smell alright, but my bedroom still smells moldy. I think it's coming from the outside walls... and it keeps raining. I called the apartment manager this morning and left a message. We'll see if anyone did anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment