Thursday, September 26, 2019

Books!

Today has been a very good day as far as books go .. I got an email from my favorite college professor saying the Mankato library book sale is this weekend! Always a great time to stock up on books.

I recently got an email from an education site telling me about this new book called "Emotional Poverty" by Ruby Payne. It sounds like a book that would help me with figuring out my students, but it's not in the library system and I don't want to pay $30 for it. One of my teacher friends had marked on Goodreads that he read it but he borrowed it from one of the other teachers at his school, so I can't borrow it from him.

On a whim, I asked my old college professor about it. She hadn't heard of it, but after doing some research, decided it was one the college should buy. She put in an order request and will let me know when it comes in! She really is the best!

On another note, thank you for the prayers; they've been helping! My kids were pretty good today and yesterday. Keep 'em coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment