Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Ten

Sigh. I wanted to pull my hair out after school today. Actually, it started sooner than that. A bunch of my students could. not. stop. blurting. One kid had ten by noon recess. He got another four in the afternoon. It was all snide comments, plus laughing at the snide comments, plus tipping chairs over and touching classmates. "But it's just a joke!" I really hope every day isn't like this... I don't know if I can put up with a whole year of it.

Mondays are typically a chattier day than the rest of the week. Even though it's not Monday today, it feels like it since we had yesterday off. Everyone hasn't seen each other over the long weekend, so they like to talk. Hopefully that is the majority of the problem.

I passed out spelling books today. My class is divided into four groups this year. The 7-8th graders are divided into three. Of course everyone wanted to know which was the smartest group. Yeah, I wouldn't tell them. The 7-8th graders tried so hard to guess!

In science class we made a list of things we want to try to grow: pineapple, avocado, starfruit, potatoes, cactus fruit, jalapeno. I have a few other things not on the list that we'll try to grow too. Lots of them had more ideas, so I thought I might see if I can get a container for each kid and let them pick what goes inside/take care of it. When it gets too big, they can take it home. Looks like I'm going to need a bunch more potting soil...

No comments:

Post a Comment