Thursday, September 5, 2019

Plants, Plants, and more Plants

I ended up running the most pressing errands last night. I now have a ginger root being prepped for planting! I found topsoil from Walmart for only $1, so I bought two bags. I read that if you mix it with sand, it can work for certain types of plants in containers, otherwise you are supposed to use potting soil for container plants (better drainage). One of my bible study ladies found out I needed lots of potting soil and volunteered all her extras. She dropped them off sometime after study or before school this morning, so I now have a giant bag and a half of potting soil, plus some really nice planters. Yay! If only I had enough time to get the pots ready...

I have to dash off again after school today. My travel buddy and I are doing archery painting at a nature center close to her house. Still, the time crunch has made my short time at school extra productive! I got a bunch of little things done off my to-do list (and some big ones too). The preschool teacher offered to give me a break and watch my kids at recess, so I had just enough time to type up a permission slip for our field trip to the Arboretum and also a note about a bake sale fundraiser for my class. Printed them off and sent them home in the last five minutes of the day. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment