Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Fast

Today was actually a mostly decent day, behavior-wise. My kids were rockstars getting ready for lunch and packing up at the end of the day. It may be the fastest they've ever done it! We even got to lunch before the 7-8th graders, and we weren't the last class out to the buses. Maybe things are finally starting to sink in...

The new heaters that were installed this summer (also function as the air conditioners) are not working super great. I've had the backup (aka the old electric) heaters on their schedule which we're supposed to use for supplemental heat, but I've heard them click on an awful lot for being just supplemental. So last night I changed the schedule down to 66 degrees and had the new heaters on 68. During the day, it stayed about 68, but now it's only 66. I fiddled with one of the remotes (there are two... one for each of the devices). I can feel a little heat coming out of the vents, but not a lot. It's an experiment I'll have to continue to gather more data.

After school we had CPR and First Aid training from a lovely doctor in New Ulm. We're such a small group he did the short-sweet version. I feel very up to date on my medical know-how! Hopefully I'll never need to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment