Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Short Week

Today was our last day of school this week, due to MEA, but it still felt like we put in the full five days. It'll be nice to have a few days off to take a mental break, even though one of those days is for the Lutheran all workers conference. This year we teachers are combined with other church workers like pastors, DCEs, and deacons/deaconesses for the conference. I'm a little disappointed there aren't sectionals to choose from, but I'm sure it will still be good. They moved it to Mayer, so it's a little further away than the typical Mankato location. Mrs. L and I are riding together, so it should be a fun ride up!

The forecast sounds pretty good for the rest of MEA weekend! Highs in the mid50s and 60s. Since I'm headed to Fulda directly from the conference, I don't have space in my car for my bright green kayak. However, I do have an inflatable one I haven't tried out yet... It fits in a smallish bag that definitely fits in my car with all my other stuff, so I'm bringing it along! I'm also bringing my watercolor paints so I can practice.

School today was pretty typical. The 5-6th graders had their first test of the year. Lots of them were very anxious about it. We had youth group after school. Angie volunteered to watch them for the first chunk of time so I could get things done in my classroom in the peace and quiet. It was really nice to have the time without kids! We played games, had a devotion, and ate supper. There were 15 kids there! A lot of them were volleyball girls since the end of the year party was right after youth group.

After that, Angie and I scurried off to Bible study, and now I'm working on packing for the long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment