Friday, October 25, 2019

Gifts

Yesterday, one of the 6th graders asked me, "Miss H, do you like farmers rings?" He lifted up a cooler bag and showed me the contents. It was three packages of ringed venison sausage. He said they had a ton at home and he thought I might like some. So I brought it home and had it for supper! Delicious! And so thoughtful.

This morning, one of the 5th grade girls asked, "Miss H, do you like pumpkin seeds? Do you like salt?" I do indeed! She handed me a small ziplock bag of pumpkin seeds just the right size for snack. She said she made them last night. They were pretty good! They tasted like popcorn.

It was another tough day in 5-6th grade. Lots of lippy kids and kids not listening to instructions. We had our first quarter all school activity today at the end of the day: pumpkin painting. It's the first all school event since we sent out the ineligibility policy to parents. Most are on board with the policy, some say they aren't even though in practice they actually are. Some haven't responded. But, regardless, it's still our policy and if kids aren't finished with their work, they don't get to do the fun stuff.

I had a bunch of last minute memory work students. One still didn't get it said, but she's going to study it over the weekend and I trust her to actually do it. I almost need to meet with her one on one during the week to practice her memory; it's so hard for her! Another kid hadn't finished his colonial life paragraph, something due Tuesday and also something that should only take maybe ten minutes to write. When he had to sit out from pumpkin painting he got it done really fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment