Monday, October 7, 2019

Interesting

Well, this has been an interesting day...

First, one of the 6th graders found a post-it note in his bible with a very vulgar drawing on it. Who knows how long it's been there or who put it there. No way to know.

Second, one of the 5th graders was misbehaving and distracting his classmates, so I sent him down to Mr. E's to work. Twenty minutes later, I called their room to have the student come back. The 8th grader who answered said my student had never arrived. Great. I figured he'd been too embarrassed/ashamed/scared to go to Mr. E's and had camped out in the office or on the bench outside like the other kid had last time. Nope. He wasn't in any of those places. Mr. E checked the bathroom. No student. I peeked in other classrooms. Nope. Not there.

As I tried to think of places he might be (and tried not to panic), a parent of a different student of mine asked me a question about the school nurse. Her 1st grade son had fallen off the slide at recess and might have injured his arm. Yes, you read that right. He fell off the slide. Mrs. L told the story after school. He'd been going down the slide normally and then somehow flipped over the side near the top and landed flat on his back on the ground. The doctor thinks he has a mild concussion and as of this afternoon they did a CT scan to see if he had a spinal injury. Haven't heard how that turned out yet.

My student ended up sitting in the top row of bleachers tucked into a corner where no one would notice him. Mr. E and I chewed him out. Sigh. Not sure if it made a difference. At least he seemed sorry when he apologized to us.

Then, at lunch, a bird pooped on my shoulder. Thankfully, I was wearing my coat, so it didn't get my first layer. Still, it was gross. (And a little funny.)

My kids were hard to focus all day and the 7-8th graders accused me of playing favorites (like they often do... I'm not). But as they say...
Image result for some days your the bird other days you're the statue

I'm sure tomorrow will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment