Monday, October 28, 2019

Tough Monday

I'm not ready for snow to come, but really, I could use a snow day. It'd be nice to hole up in my apartment, be all cozy, read books... try not to think about school...

My kids were too chatty today. They were all up in each others' business and couldn't mind their own. One of the 8th graders got kicked out of my class today for talking back. Four others couldn't keep their mouths shut. The 5-6th graders weren't much better. Mr. E and Mrs. L said their classrooms were about the same.

We tried shuffling some desks around today so now the desks are in three horizontal rows and there are four desks in each row. In some ways it's better and in others it's not changing much. They asked about switching into pods. I told them they have to earn it. But maybe they'd be less talkative in pods? Not sure if I want to give it a try since last year the pods were very talkative. New students, new year. Maybe they'd be better in pods...

No comments:

Post a Comment