Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Meetings

Another typical day in 5-6th. My kids were somewhat decent today, still talkative and handsy with each other at times. Lot's of times where they weren't where they were supposed to be (ahem, at their desks). It sometimes makes me wonder if I'm just terrible at classroom management because I can't get them to be quiet and do what they're supposed to. (Don't worry, I know I'm not terrible. But I don't know what I could be doing to get them to behave better).

Mrs. L was back today after being out sick the previous two days. Her sub was GREAT at handling her tough class. One of the ladies at bible study who helps at school commented that the sub had those 1-2nd graders whipped into shape; the room was absolutely silent at lunch time. All the kids were eating and not talking. That didn't help my 'I don't know what to do to get my kids to behave' mindset.

We found the final driver for next week's Camp Omega trip. It's a dad of two of the kids in my class, so it will be extra helpful to have him along. It's hard to believe we leave in one week! Pray for good weather. It's been very rainy here the past few days...

There was a staff meeting after school. Surprisingly, my to do list wasn't too much longer than it had been before the meeting. Mrs. L, Mrs. E, and I set a date to look over this year's Christmas program. We need to pick songs and adjust the script so it's all set for our first days of practice in late November.

My class needs to plan the fall carnival sometime soon, maybe tomorrow during Writers Workshop. It would fit in perfectly; we just finished a few lessons on letter writing (we're starting a pen pal project between my class and some residents at a nursing home in New Ulm that sometimes sends residents out to our events). We need to start prepping for NaNo, but I think next week is soon enough to start that.

Our bell songs for Sunday are coming along nicely. I had been a little nervous before today's practice, but it went super well today and we have two more days to practice this week, so we'll be ready. This Sunday we're celebrating our church's 160th anniversary and having our PTL Pork Chop Dinner and Silent Auction. The president of the MN South District is giving the sermon. My class's parents are in charge of the dinner so I get to help coordinate all the set up. We're setting up for the Silent Auction after school on Friday (that's the area I help the most). Hopefully it will be a good fundraiser!

No comments:

Post a Comment