Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday Monday

Lots of bickering today.


I wanted to start a new chapter in MN history today.  Last week, we finished the lesson, but I didn't give them an assignment/test/project thing to wrap it up.  Today my plan was to give them the assignment (maybe 5 minutes) and then move on to the new lesson... We ended up taking the whole time to go over the assignment and start it.  It's a pretty cool assignment... much better than just doing a test.  My students are each creating a town complete with natural resources, buildings, and jobs for people to do.  They also need to create a brochure convincing people to come to their town (and give lots of reasons).  So it's like a test/art project combination.  They seem pretty excited about it.  Well, a few of the lazier ones think it's going to be a lot of work.  Probably.  But more interesting than a test, in my mind.


The A squads have home games tonight.  I wanted to watch both, but I got sucked in by my lessons.  And then I went out to watch as soon as the girls were finished (they won), so I went back in to do more planning.  I thought I'd have just enough time to clear up my Barnes and Noble order... I should've just found a phone number.  Instead, I tried the video chat which took forever.  And then it turns out I have to call a completely different department.  A few of last year's cheerleaders (who are now in basketball and didn't want to be in cheerleading too) asked if they could cheer at the game and do the school song during halftime.  They borrowed my cheer cheat sheet and cheered!  The crowd loved the school song at halftime, so they did another cheer... and another... and another.  By then the teams were done with their powwows.  It was close.  Literally down to the last second.  But our Braves pulled out a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment