Wednesday, January 14, 2015

More Time

Well, my brief respite of not-so-much to do after Christmas is officially over.  I have all sorts of things on my to do list now.  Lining up entertainment for Chapel during NLSW, putting together service projects for NLSW, lining up chaperones for the Civil War reenactment, lining up chaperones/getting everyone registered for the Young Writers and Artist's Conference at Bethany in March.  Just found out about that last one today and decided to run with it.  Students get to pick three sessions they want to go to with topics focusing on art, writing, and acting.  I read through the brochure and kept thinking, "oh that one looks good and that one looks good and that one looks good..." so there will be plenty for my students to pick from.  Normal cost per student to go is $25 but the lady in charge said she'd give me a group rate of $15 per person.  And then PTL said they'd pay $10 of those dollars.  So we're in business! 


NLSW did get moved to March, so we have plenty of time to plan things.  One of the service project ideas I had was for them to make tie blankets, but where to get the money?  I brought it up at PTL and they voted to give us $250 for Project Linus blankets.  Yay!  And we might be able to get Thrivent to match funds or do the Action Team funding thing.  Lots of blankets are in our future...



No comments:

Post a Comment