Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wear and Tear

Uff, lots of emotional wear and tear today.  My triumvirate of trouble-makers were in full force today.  Mr. E spent good chunk of the afternoon in the office with students... and there was a line outside the door.  (Thankfully, not all were from my class.)  The problem with these kids, at least the ones in my room, is that you can lecture them and talk with them until you're blue in the face.  Then the minute you turn away, they're right back at it again, doing the same things you just chewed them out for.


I think, for one kid at least, it's overtiredness.  The past three days have ended with him lying on the floor in a limp puddle wailing and moaning (actual tears) and nothing can stop him.  His classmates talking to him only makes it worse... and some of them do it on purpose.  So he's been chilling in the coatroom before we pray, trying to get his emotions under control. 


But, let's move on to some good news.  A bunch of students have already brought in their science fair topics!  And they're not due until tomorrow.  Plus a bunch said their memory work this morning.  My Read-to-Someone students read stories out of their reading books, and not just any stories, nonfiction stories about Machu Picchu and the Titanic.  And the books I ordered from the Book Order came today... The Three Ninja Pigs, Dragons Love Tacos, The Boy Who Cried Ninja, and Not Your Typical Dragon, all picture books.


The bell songs we got this week are coming together.  The bass playing boys really like to whale on those bells... they overpower my treble girls!  We're trying to figure out which of the songs we should repeat (both are short hymns).  Half want to repeat the one, and half want to repeat the other.  I'm still on the fence.


To finally end the saga of my vehicle, yes, I picked up my car last night.  It's working fine now.  Maybe running a little sluggish accelerating, but that could be because the parts aren't settled in yet... maybe? Is that a thing? 


So, what was wrong with it in the first place?  One of the speed sensors in the front wasn't working so they had to replace the wheel bearing... pretty much that meant when I drove my car I thought I was driving the speed limit, but I was going way over (Mr. D asked me about that the day after we dropped my car off... he said he could barely keep up with me on the road... I wondered why he was driving so slow!)  So it was definitely good I got it fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment