Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Two Hours

My two hour late start went way too fast...


I had been planning to come in early and get lesson planning done (ha, I know, I was being optimistic), but then I decided to drive into New Ulm to pick up my car.  And by the time I got to school, I had just enough time to get my normal morning routine tasks accomplished.


Mrs. B graciously took down our advent tree... lots of little pieces needing to be individually wrapped... yes, I was very thankful she volunteered for the job.


My students were abuzz today about the rumor we're getting a blizzard tomorrow.  They wanted to know if school would be called off early today... I was pretty skeptical about the blizzard thing tomorrow, but I guess we're supposed to get a little more snow and the wind is supposed to pick up.  And Joe buried himself after school, so chances are that forecast is correct. 


With that lovely outlook on the weather I had to stay late at school to make sure all my Friday plans are mapped out (just in case I can't get to school Thursday).  We're supposed to do a 5th and 6th grade science lab, but I'm not sure if we'll be in school long enough for them to do it!  I'll get it ready in the morning anyway. 


Mr. D had car trouble after school.  His check-engine light and low engine coolant light both went on, and his car wouldn't go over 10mph.  So I went home to get my anti-freeze to top off his coolant levels, and it seemed to work better after that.  He took it in to the shop and the guys there said it might have something to do with the throttle.  They want him to bring it back tomorrow after school. 


My car was a little sluggish to start when I went to get my anti-freeze.  Even though they replaced the starter, I had to turn the key twice to get my car to turn on.  Maybe it's just the cold weather??? I sure hope it starts tomorrow morning!  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment