Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Basketball

My kids asked if I'd play basketball with them at noon recess today. So I did. I played in my flats since my tennis shoes weren't at school. Thankfully my feet held up better than I thought they would. I did okay! Most of my shots missed, but eh, such is life. I have a feeling they'll ask me to play again. Maybe I'll redeem myself!

One of their classmates had spent most of recess fixing a math assignment. Once she finished that, she wanted to play too. We had to pause and reconfigure the teams to make it fair... That took some doing since there are so few in our class. Me being on a team kind of messed things up. Eventually I said I just wouldn't play any more to make it easier. Then I played badminton with the one kid who doesn't like basketball.

For afternoon recess we had PE. We're doing dances for the foreseeable future. The boys were NOT happy about that. They kept asking if they had to participate, how long we were going to be dancing for PE, and if we could do it in the classroom so no one could see us. They didn't like my answers. Today we did the macarena and the cha cha slide. 

It went pretty good at first. The iPad plugged into the gym speakers to let the music fill the gym. That drew some curious students from other classrooms. We had gotten the basic moves for the macarena down when a small crowd of 3-4th graders formed at the edge of the gym close to their classroom door. They were on their way back from a bathroom break and paused to watch my class. Then Mr. D came in, saw us dancing, and decided to film us. Sigh. The boys definitely didn't like that one bit. One quit dancing and stood there. The other ran across the gym to hide in the shed. Grr... 

Eventually everyone left us in peace to finish PE. Thursday is our next PE day. My plan is to review the two dances we learned today and start learning the electric slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment