Friday, October 23, 2020

Computer Update

 Well, my computer is back in working order, although it did stress me out a bit this morning. 

The IT guys didn't come to school last night. Instead, they made Mr. E come over and they talked him through how to switch out the hard drive in my computer with the one in the office. Since it was switched out, it was like a brand new computer so even though all my files were there, none of the programs needed to open them were there. Not even Google Chrome. I tried downloading it, but it is blocked (the IT guys don't like Chrome). I could download Microsoft Teams, which ended up being good because I had a student learn virtually today. 

Thankfully the IT guys picked up when I called and they remotely took control of my computer to install the apps I needed to get through the day. End of story: we started school 10 minutes late while the computer got its updates.

The rest of our day was pretty typical. We are getting to the exciting part of our read-aloud book (when are we not??) and they wanted me to read more. But they also didn't want to give up their Adjective Game time, so we voted. It was a tie. We split the difference and read for 10 more minutes which still gave us time for a round of the Adjective Game before lunch. Their object to describe was a badminton racket. They're really getting the hang of describing things; one group had 24 adjectives! Only a few didn't actually work! The big argument was "is a badminton racket huggable or not?" 🤔

No comments:

Post a Comment