Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Freedom!

Everybody's high of the day is that today is the last day of school for the week! We weren't exactly antsy today, but I'm definitely feeling ready to wrap things up and head to Fulda! No teachers conference this year, what with covid, so it's a nice long break.

Since today was our 'Friday', my kids convinced me we should play the Adjective Game. We had ten minutes before lunch, so we did two rounds: a sink drain stopper and a stretchy hook used to hang up the badminton net. The girls won this time. They used the boys' tricks against them!

My class is still loving badminton (they're calling it badminton now) and we played it for both recesses. This morning at my desk I noticed my shoulder muscles are sore. I couldn't remember doing anything super strenuous that would make them tired... during recess I realized, oh, badminton. Stretching up to whack the birdie across takes more muscles than you think! 

Today, the birdie got stuck in the rackets three times! Each time the kid would swing, then look up in the air expecting to see it flying high. Nope. Look on the floor all around in a circle... nothing. Someone would call out, "It's in your racket!" They'd look down and laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment