Thursday, October 29, 2020

Bathrooms

It was my turn to clean the bathrooms today. I wasn't dreading it, but I certainly wasn't looking forward to it. We chose days to clean based on whose turn it was for bus duty. As I waited for classes to get on the bus, the 8th grade girls trudged past and said, "We cleaned the bathrooms for you Miss H." What?! Mr. E confirmed their statement. He had them fill the soap, toilet paper, paper towels, and clean the sinks. All I had to do was clean the toilets, sweep the bathrooms, and wipe down the high-touch areas around school. Wonderful! 

He had to clean the bathrooms over the weekend and said it took so long, he couldn't handle making us teachers do it all by ourselves another week. So he had the 7-8th graders take care of some of the easy stuff. Man, that really sped things up. 

Also after school, we teachers practiced for the all-school fall Kahoot we're doing at the end of the day. Since we can't have a Fall Carnival, this is our substitution. The younger grades are going to share one device in the classroom and the 5-8th graders are going to each get their own. I'll run the game from my computer and share my screen with the other teachers in the Zoom meeting. We tried Microsoft Teams this afternoon but it was very slow and lagging, so I decided to do a Zoom meeting instead. Hopefully that makes it better!

No comments:

Post a Comment