Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Remembering

I passed out midterms today. Not too many grades in the gradebook yet... midterms always seem to sneak up on us. At our last staff meeting we went through and marked all the midterms on the calendar. At least now I'll have a little more warning! 

My kids remembered to leave the laptops open so the IT guys could run updates on them. I'm so proud. I didn't even have to remind them (which is good because I totally forgot until one of them said something). 

They've been asking for beanbags to be brought back into the classroom for a while now, and this morning I finally brought a bunch of them in. My class is responsible enough to handle them. Plus, there are so few that each one could pick a personal beanbag if they're worried about spreading germs. I think we'll be fine. But now that we have beanbags in the classroom, someone has to pick them up each day. One of the boys came up with the idea we should bring back classroom jobs. He said two people could do lunch set up (wipe off the desks before lunch), two can do takedown (wipe desks after lunch), and two can put beanbags away. What a great idea! So today was our first day of that. 

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if the takedown people wiped off people's desks after lunch... hmm... I'll have to watch tomorrow. Guess what! Tomorrow is the last day of school this week! We're off Thursday and Friday for MEA. And this year there's no teacher conference, so I can be in Fulda for the whole weekend... woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment