Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Bells

I think we're ready to play tonight. We didn't work on any Fine Arts Fair songs, but we at least have a few days to work on those. One girl went home sick today, thankfully before bell practice so we could find a replacement.

Our second song is more challenging, "O Sacred Head Now Wounded", and all the players think it sounds like a disaster. I can hear the melody and it's turning out pretty good. Could we use more practice time? Yes. Will we sound terrible tonight? Most likely not.

The second day of lockers in the coatroom and desks in rows went decently well. One boy keeps turning around to talk to the row behind him, so I may shuffle him over a few desks. Aside from that (and the 7th graders talking nonstop in the rows), it seems to work pretty good.

Well, I'm keeping this short since I want some supper before we sing/ring at the Ash Wednesday service. Better get over there before all the spaghetti is gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment