Tuesday, March 26, 2019

VIP

Last week I got an email from a teacher site that said something along the lines of 'why virtual teaching should be your next side job'. So I clicked the link and found that it's the same company Mrs. L (1st and 2nd grade) works for over the summer. She teaches English to kids in China via her computer at home in the mornings and evenings, sometimes even during the school year. I had always thought I would check it out someday, so I created an account.

You have to teach a mock lesson and record yourself doing it, and your background has to look educational, so I wanted to do research and get everything situated first. Well, they called me this weekend and asked if I would do the express route for registering. All I had to do was make a three minute video introducing myself, showing how to teach a word, and reviewing an 'already learned' concept. So I did! My parents have a bunch of pull down maps in their basement, so I set up my ipod to show that in the background. I used my sister's cheapo whiteboard for writing on and some other things to 'show off' my stuff (aka, all the things they're looking for in a teacher).  

I just got an email saying I passed the video test! So they're going to hire me. I have to do a few more things on the checklist before it's official. They have a bunch of deadlines set for this week... it's a pretty busy one, so I don't know if I'll make them or not. There's an option to ask for an extension, so I might do that, just to give myself more time. Pretty neat! Another summer job! One I can do from home and continue during the school year if I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment