Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Staying After

Another Lenten service tonight. The ladies choir sings (I am an honorary member... I show up to the singing events and don't come to practice). A bunch of kids stayed after school to get caught up on their late work before the quarter ends this Friday. The 7-8th graders have most of their stuff handed in. The 5-6th graders are doing okay handing things in, still a few things missing.

I have two 5th graders going on vacation next week for an entire week. They stayed after to get a head start on next week's assignments. So far, so good!

I also have a gigantic pile of papers to correct. Even though I ran errands on Monday, I might need to make a trip to New Ulm after church... I had thought our science lesson would take longer to go through, but it only took one day. Now we need to do a lab but I don't have the supplies. I could just wait until next week, but then the boys have to make up a lab, which is always a little tricky. So, I'll go to town and get the supplies so we can do it tomorrow.

It seems like my to-do list has grown exponentially somehow. I got a bunch done today after school even with kids staying after. I would've gotten more done, but our janitor, a former student, stopped by to clean and we ended up chatting for about an hour or so. He's not happy with some of the classes in his major and is considering switching from business to education. He's always fun to talk to; hopefully I gave him some good advice.

Well, I best head over to church to run through the choir song!

No comments:

Post a Comment