Friday, March 15, 2019

Superhero or Cowboy Day

Big shocker but I dressed up like a cowgirl today. Not a ton of people in my class dressed up. For that matter, not many have been dressing up all week. I don't know if they're burned out from planning/doing things or if the dress up days just don't appeal to them.

Our special activity of the day was to visit the residents of the Orchard Hills Nursing Home in NU. We sang a few songs, played bingo with them, and ate cookies. It went really well! It'd be fun to do it again sometime. We had to leave pretty early (1:00) to get there in time to do stuff so we could be back in time for buses. It was a rush to get everything finished and handed in that we needed to. I am pooped! Surprisingly, a few kids still had things to do to complete their science fair projects. This year has been particularly frustrating. The last board was dropped off today (they were due last week). Three kids had to add things to their boards or their written reports since they weren't complete. Even so, I don't know how well they are going to do. Sigh. All the instructions were written out in the packet I sent home in January.

Still, all the projects are loaded in my car. I have a bag full of their written reports and extra visual aids to set out in front. In a little bit I'll head down to MLHS to drop them off. I'll stay with my farmer's family tonight so I don't have so far to go in the morning. We meet for bell practice in the gym at 11am sharp. Aside from that, I don't really have to be there at a specific time. The group concert starts at noon. Afterwards, I plan to head the rest of the way to Fulda. The weather this weekend sounds a lot nicer than last weekend, so I should have good driving weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment