Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Lost Has Been Found!

Months ago, I had checked out a book from the library, Max at Night.  I didn't even have time to book-talk it with my students; it disappeared. I had thought someone took it for reading buddies or had stuck it in their crate, but weeks later, no one had seen it. I kept renewing it, thinking it would turn up... it never did. We searched high and low, behind bookshelves, and in other classrooms. Nothing. Finally I couldn't renew it anymore, so I brought the class checkbook to the library yesterday to pay for it. The librarians convinced me to wait to pay because they can't refund the money if the book turns up. They said so many times people will pay and then the next day they find the book! So they renewed it until May.

Guess what happened today...

I was on the hunt for a different book (Stephanie's Ponytail) which wasn't in its usual place. I dug through all the picture book shelves and started in on the crates in the closet. Low and behold, 2/3rds through the second crate there it was! The funny thing is, I'm positive someone had already checked the crates. They must not have checked very well. At least we found it!

For some reason, I had a vague memory in my head of lending Stephanie's Ponytail to another teacher... Mrs. L had no recollection of it. Mrs. E said she had her own copy but she'd look just in case. Guess who had my book. Mrs. E must've thought my copy was hers and tucked it into her bookshelves! Now she has to find her copy...

No comments:

Post a Comment