Monday, March 18, 2019

Fine Arts Fair Recap

The Fine Arts Fair went well. All my kiddos showed up in time to practice the bell songs. We made a few mistakes during the performance, but overall they sounded good. All the 5-6th grade art projects got blue ribbons! The science fair projects all got white and red, for good reason. Even though I gave everyone a list of all the parts that had to be included in both board and written report, most kids were missing things. Hence, no blue ribbons. I saw a few erase marks on some of the judging forms showing that the judges fudged the numbers a bit so everyone at least got higher than a participation ribbon. I'm very thankful for that!

Today I had a lot of tired kids in my class. One boy was in tears multiple times during the day. He's one of my pokey puppies, so he had a lot to do and it is stressing him out. There are still a lot of names on the board for late work and the end of the quarter is Friday. Somehow I have another giant stack of papers to correct already...

I had a headache and sore throat over the course of the day. It's gotten a little better now after school, but I'm not feeling 100%. A bunch of kids complained of various ailments today, so maybe something is going around. I have to run errands tonight, and then my plan is to relax and go to bed early. Hopefully that'll knock whatever I have out of my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment