Thursday, March 5, 2020

Accessory Day

I thought about wearing a ton of scarves today, but decided one was enough. A few of my kiddos went all out though! One girl wore 35 accessories. A lot of them were scrunchies (which have been making a comeback this year). The winner for our class wore a poncho, scarves, bracelets, sunglasses, hats, and a whole bunch of things so that you couldn't even tell who she was when she wore them all. It was pretty cool.

I had a lot more energy today. My nose is more stuffy and I'm still coughing a bit, but much better than yesterday. My students were crazy again. Big surprise. One girl's grandma had surgery today and she was worried and irritable all day. My normally tough kid was one of the better behaved ones today! He's started medication this week and it is doing amazing things. He was respectful, productive, kind to his classmates... the jittery-ness is gone and he seems more peaceful. Praise the Lord!

The wind is howling outside. It was so loud one of my students was certain there would be a tornado soon. Nope. That's not how weather works, buddy. We had snow for a while but that appears to have stopped. Hopefully the wind is bringing more nice temperatures. I brought my peach tree out to my porch, thinking the super cold days are over. It had been hibernating in my spare room since it only tolerates 20 degree weather, no colder. So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment