Friday, March 13, 2020

Disappearing

Things have been disappearing in my classroom... more likely they are just misplaced. My kids are not very careful with our things. Sigh. It makes me want to slowly remove things from the classroom and see if they notice, like our vast amount of pillows.

So far I'm missing: three whiteboard erasers, one headphone splitter, lots of clipboards (at least seven), who knows how many pencils, and a whiteboard marker with a magnet on it. The whiteboard erasers are the latest thing. I'm sure all these things will turn up at the end of the year when they clean out their desks and crates. They usually do, although I haven't seen many clipboards in crates...

The Fine Arts Fair is officially cancelled; they called it off this morning before 8:30. I'm going to put the science fair projects on display at church so some people will at least get to see them. We'll probably put them in storage after that so we can have them on display again at the musical this May. Not too many of the kids were bummed; they all wanted another day to sleep in.

Word on the street the MN government is thinking about closing down schools for a few weeks to let the illness run its course. If it happens, it will be a huge mess for us. Do we add three weeks to the end of the year? Try to have kids do e-learning at home? How will we get their homework to them? I suppose it's borrowing trouble to worry about all that now. Nothing has been officially decided. Just in case, Mr. E and I had our students bring a bunch of their books/workbooks home. The 7-8th graders are betting they'll call school off before Monday. We'll just keep praying and leave it in God's hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment