Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Venturing Out

Yesterday after school I ran errands in New Ulm. Normally, this isn't something I think twice about, but these days of coronavirus give every task outside the home a heavier weight. I went to Walmart and found everything on my list. The food selection for Joe wasn't that great, so I waited to get him more lettuce. No toilet paper here either (I'm still well stocked in that department) but the rest of their shelves were full. There was quite the selection of produce, aside from lettuce. I had to refrain from buying all the fresh veggies that caught my eye; there's no way I'd be able to eat through all of that before it went bad. Things to save for another time!

I needed to get gas too and I had a Kwik Trip gift card. As I filled up I got a hankering for their donuts. So I treated myself to a box plus got bananas. Breakfast!

After I got home I wiped down my house and car door handles/steering wheel/water jug handles just to be safe. There haven't been many cases in New Ulm that I've heard of, but it's still good to get in the habit. It's only going to get germier.

It's another nice day outside. I am definitely going to be taking a walk when I get home. From the sounds of the forecast, it's going to be rainy the rest of the week. Sigh. I better pull out my dehumidifier; my bedroom is starting to smell musty again and I want to stay ahead of the moisture.

School went well today. I finally connected with the girl who's been avoiding doing her joke video. She figured out which joke she's doing, but now she can't log on to the website we're using! If it's not one thing, it's another. I got tired of waiting for her to do her video, so I mailed the card to C without hers. He is going to send us a shell casing of one of the rounds his crew shot off. He said after each launch mission they save half of the shell and each crew member signs it; it's a big honor to keep it. He was able to snag one and it will hopefully get to us next week!

I corrected a few of my giant stack of papers this morning and I corrected all of the English assignments waiting for me virtually on Writing City. I thought I'd have time to scan some of the shelves in our class library, but correcting Writing City took most of the morning. Maybe I'll do a little before I go home. It's pretty quiet around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment