Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Future Me Day

Zonked. That word is a perfect one to describe how I'm feeling right now. I have so little energy, it's a miracle I made it through the day. I woke up twice in the middle of the night with a coughing fit, so that didn't help anything. My throat isn't as sore, but all my muscles are from coughing so much. Blech.

I dressed as a teacher for Future Me Day. Not very imaginative, but I also wanted to look nice for church and for Family Day. We had a guest pastor do chapel, had families eat lunch with us in the gym, and had the science museum do a talk on dinosaurs. Mr. E lined them up and made sure to have a conversation with them about not doing the 'millions of years' talk in their presentation. The speaker was like, "Well, I'll do my best." Dan replied, "That's not good enough! I need better than that." The speaker did a great job not talking about time at all and I'm proud of Mr. E for standing up for our faith.

We had a snafu with the sound system again... all week it's been working just fine! Today, awful. Mr. E called the company (something to do with radio towers?) and it turns out the towers around us got bought by T-Mobile and TODAY they started work changing them over. Of course. Our guest pastor and Mr. E just talked loud and the company sent a guy out to our school to try to fix things before the science museum did their talk. What they did must've worked because sound for the dinos was great!

After that, Mr. E took my kiddos to do math while I stayed with the 7-8th graders to clean up the gym. I was so pooped and out of it, I didn't feel like teaching. Earlier this week we'd started watching a movie during study hall. We hadn't gotten very far and I knew they would love to keep watching it. Their argument in favor of the movie (before they knew I was leaning that way myself), "Miss H, we worked really hard putting all the tables and chairs away. And we did a good job!" They really did do a good job. So we watched the movie. The last part of the day was PE in the gym with Mr. E. I started typing up the spring musical. May is going to come really fast!




No comments:

Post a Comment