Thursday, March 19, 2020

Computer Glasses

I left my computer glasses at home today... now my eyes feel all buggy. Staring at a screen all day will do that!

It's been rainy all day, which has affected the internet. This morning in the middle of my Morning Meeting, our internet totally stopped. No desktop internet, no phone connection, no wifi. I got kicked off my own video chat! It took about five minutes before it came back online. I'm still not sure what happened. My kids were all going nutso, trying to decide if they should leave the call or stay on. They all stayed on and we finished the last two pages of the read-aloud chapter and called it a day.

They didn't have as many questions as they've had other days. I think they're either doing their schoolwork less or they're figuring it out. That and the novelty of 'being online' in our Team group has probably worn off. Even with fewer questions, I haven't had much downtime today. Mr. E received emails from a few groups about how we're providing meals to families who need the support. He contacted Nicollet public school and we're teaming up with them. The Nicollet Legion is passing out free breakfast and lunch sacks from a specified time every day for families to pick up. Awesome! All they have to do is call to RSVP so they make enough food. Meals are also available for elderly people and veterans if requested. And if you can't stop in to pick it up, you can sign up for a delivery.

It's really nice to see people coming together to work for the greater good. It's a change from the negativity and tension between various groups in our country the past few months. The main thing to remember is that it's going to be okay. We're going to get through this. Hunker down, help each other out, stay calm. God's got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment