Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Chewing

Sigh, today was another rough one. Lots of boys got sucked into the tornado of chaos. Only two boys didn't. The rest were either instigators or were observers egging the others on. It was so bad Mr. E hit the roof and chewed out my boys for a long time over lunch. He kicked the girls out to his room and told me I could eat in there with them or I could listen to him chew out the boys. It was actually a hard choice. Do I let Mr. E do his thing and avoid the awkwardness? Do I go in my room and be another teacher backing him up?

I ended up eating in Mr. E's room. I figured Mr. E would say what he needed to say and I didn't need to be there to hear it and he didn't need an audience. He was so fed up with their behavior, he threw out the 'expel' word. Yikes. Part of why he was so mad was from yesterday's conference. There was one session that the majority of the 5-8th graders were at together. They got too comfortable and picked on each other and didn't show the best image of our school. Mr. E's sub told him about it (I was at a different session).

In other news, most of the science fair projects have been turned in. Some are quite extensive and have giant folders of data/written reports. Others are very basic and need to add some things to get a decent score. A few forgot their written reports at home (another reason I have them due on Wednesday instead of Friday). One girl stayed after today to type hers.

It's hard to believe the Fine Arts Fair is already on Saturday!




No comments:

Post a Comment